PTSB Monthly 2% Cashback - Changing products

Locksy4319

I’m currently with PTSB on a fixed rate of 2.5% with about two years left to run on it. With the way interest rates look like they’re going, I’ve been exploring fixing with PTSB for a longer period. It looks like I can take a 2.8% green rate for 5 years (on supply of a BER) or a 7 year fixed at 3%. I’m currently leaning towards the 7 year for sake of peace of mind.

What I cant seem to find out from their website or T&Cs is whether the current 2% cash back that is paid to me monthly by PTSB carries over and will be honoured if we take one of the longer fixed rate offers? Im waiting on a call back from PTSB on this, but I’m not hopeful I’ll hear from them soon. does anyone have any experience or insight with this?

What I cant seem to find out from their website or T&Cs is whether the current 2% cash back that is paid to me monthly by PTSB carries over and will be honoured if we take one of the longer fixed rate offers?
The Ts&Cs for the 2% monthly cashback say that it is only available to new customers – but that does not necessarily mean that you will lose the monthly cashback if you switch rates.

@Cavangal and anyone else who has re-fixed with Permanent TSB: were you getting the 2% monthly cashback before you switched, and if so are you continuing to get it?

Im waiting on a call back from PTSB on this, but I’m not hopeful I’ll hear from them soon.
Please tell us what PTSB say when they contact you.

I just recently switched to that green rate just last month and asked your exact question when speaking to one of their mortgage team. I was told that once the payments come from the Explore account ,as normal ,that I would receive the 2% monthly cashback.
Be aware though that this offer runs out December 2027 so if you lock in for 7 years,you won't get it for last 2 years of that period.

Back