PTSB Launch New Cashback as you pay Mortgage Offer

- PTSB are still offering 2% cashback when you open a mortgage.
- PTSB is now offering 2% cashback each month on your repayments.
- PTSB Explore Current account required. This current account costs 4 EUR per month but you can get up 5 EUR cashback depending on the level of debit card usage.
- The 2% cashback each month on your repayments is equivalent to a 0.25% cut in mortgage rates.

More in the Indo here.

Another gimmick which Michael McGrath's bill will deal with.

There might be some sense to it if it were offered to existing customers as well.

It will be interesting to see the details. Could someone borrow €200k , get 2% cash back and then repay their mortgage and get another 2% cash back.

Brendan

Another gimmick which Michael McGrath's bill will deal with.
What's going to be in that bill?

I'm 42 and hoping to get a mortgage early next year. According to my broker, PTSB are the only ones that will lend up to 70 years of age, which is the term I'll be looking for. I know their rates are higher but other lenders only go to 65, which means higher repayments. So PTSB, with their 2% cashback and then this offer seem decent enough for me. While it may be a gimmick to you, it may actually suit certain people out there..... Though I'm always open to correction and advice!

According to my broker, PTSB are the only ones that will lend up to 70 years of age, which is the term I'll be looking for. I know their rates are higher but other lenders only go to 65, which means higher repayments.
PTSB is not the only lender, but might be the only one your broker deals with.

UB, BoI (don't deal with brokers). KBC I believe will lend up to 68. AIB will lend later if you're self employed.

Ok, thanks for that. I'm not self employed so I'll apply with UB and BOI. Broker said Aib don't lend until 70 but I'll contact them to be sure.

Back