ptsb introduces fixed rates for existing customers

They can probably back up their fee by saying that the administration of such a thing takes time and they need to pay someone to do it.

A toxic bank has to charge for everything or they go bust. Theyd be better off reducing fixed rate to 3.8 and not charging anything but marketing and bank managers never went hand in hand.

Hi I'm on a svr of 4.5 with ptsb in negative equity so no chance of switching would u suggest I switch to there fixed rates?? Never took them up on the mrv rates as I've been screwed over by this bank and didn't trust what they were offering!!!

I think going the fixed route might be best.

Im on MVR of 4.3%

Went to Ulster today to switch but they can only lend me 124k based on our income unless house increases in value by 20k.

Disappointing but might try AIB too as have account with them and they might be able to loan me full amount.

Could also wait for Budget and see if any new rules are put in place re Mortgages or Mortgage caps

Hi I'm on a svr of 4.5 with ptsb in negative equity so no chance of switching would u suggest I switch to there fixed rates?? Never took them up on the mrv rates as I've been screwed over by this bank and didn't trust what they were offering!!!
Absolutely you should switch. Why pay a higher rate than you need to?

In your shoes I'd be taking the 2 year option in the hope that they come up with something better in the next year or so. If a better rate comes along you can weigh up if it's worth breaking early and taking the new rate.

PTSB will charge you 100 to move to a fixed rate.

Back