PTSB impossible to speak to an agent

tomdublin

I rang the number advertised on the PTSB banking app to talk to an agent. The welcoming message states that there might be a delay reaching an agent because of "exceptionally high call volumes." I then get six options, but as far as I can make out each option just leads to a different menu of automated options, and so on. It seems impossible to actually reach a human being. How can their agents be busy with "exceptionally high call volumes" if it's impossible to ever reach an agent in the first place? Seems they might be using the current crisis to erode their last crumbs of customer service.

Last edited:
hi Tom,

one of the automated options do lead to a customer service representative, I just cant recall which option it is. It is unacceptable they make it so difficult to do so. I had a bank card stolen some months back and it took nearly 30 mins before i got through to someone on lost and stolen, its really bad.

Ok I had a look for you

Dial 01 2124101

After listening to their spiel about high call volumes, the automated service will give you list of options, press 1 for open 24, enter your details and they will give you your balance etc. They will then give you an option to proceed to main menu, then you will be given more options, press 0 to speak to an advisor.

Good luck!

Thanks all for your help. The "Option 1" strategy works. It seems that PTSB's is trying to comply with regulations that require banks to make such agents available while ensuring that as few customers as possible will be able to contact them.

Last edited:
Back