PTSB Ice Card (Upgrading from old Visa)

DublinTexas

can edit posts
So I finaly managed to "upgrade" my standard PTSB visa to an ICE card (filling out complete new application form, attaching 3 month of PTSB visa card statements, getting the branch manager to approve it) and on the balance transfer option I noted that I want my current standard PTSB visa to be closed and the balance transfered.

And miracle I now transfered from the high % to a very low APR 2.9% APR (variable) for the first 6 months because according to the PTSB it does not matter if the transfer comes from within PTSB or from outside.

And the fun is when I asked what I should do with my classic card, the guys got totally confused because they say they see nothing about it getting closed, there is no "upgrade" they say that the ICE is a different card and I now have 2 PTSB Visa card. I don't want that, but maybe I get them to merge my credit limits ;-)

DublinTexas said:
And miracle I now transfered from the high % to a very low APR 2.9% APR (variable) for the first 6 months because according to the PTSB it does not matter if the transfer comes from within PTSB or from outside.
If you have an outstanding balance then why do you not switch to a 0% offer card? See the best buys list for details. Don't forget that the low rate may only apply to transferred balances and that subsequent transactions while any of the balance is outstanding may be charged at the full/higher rate of interest. Check the terms & conditions for clarificaiton on how any particular card works.

ClubMan said:
If you have an outstanding balance then why do you not switch to a 0% offer card? .

I don't wanna switch cards to a different branch. I just thought that it might be interesting to know that if you "upgrade" your PTSB visa card the balance transfer offer is valid for your exisingt PTSB visa card balance.

Back