PTSB Financial Review on your arrears

itsallwrong

I got a call last week about coming down to the bank to have a 'financial review'.
Great I thought. Maybe they see a way to address my arrears and work with me to do something about it. Maybe...

Nope. I couldn't have misjudged that meeting any worse.

It was basicallly to try and sell me insurance of some shape or form.
Sure the arrears were mentioned and the slight shortfall of life cover attached to the mortgage, which is 3k - not the end of the world. Absolutely nothing else was discussed about the rising arrears.

The rest of the session was all about getting me to sign up to insurance.
I sat in the chair raging. I asked the woman on the phone before I even drove here if I can do this on the phone.
I was told no because of the sensitive nature . What a complete waste of time and fuel.

Is this how they look at arrears customers? Do they seriously think any arrears customer has spare money to startup a policy?

So if you get a the call about a financial review, save your time and fuel and ask exactly what is the purpose of coming into the branch.

Offer of 'free financial review' from a bank usually means what can we sell you? Unfortunately you were on the list someone was given to ring and get bums on seats to meet targets, not enough thought given to the fact that you were on the other list too!

Back