PTSB ending fee waivers on legacy current accounts - 47,000 affected

Yes, their response was a complete insult - it pretended that I had objected to PTSB imposing quarterly fees, which isn't in any way related to what the complaint was all about. They either didn't read my letter or deliberately chose to obfuscate. Yesterday I went into the branch, told them I wanted to close the account, immediately transferred the entire balance to another bank and then left. The account has disappeared from the app so I guess it worked.
PTSB has now written to tell me that they have effectively "un-closed" my account until I pay them the 18 Euro which I never owed them in the first place. Seems this outfit has degenerated to the point where they consider extracting unjustified charges from (ex)customers an end in itself, no matter how much it costs them.

Last edited:
PTSB has now written to tell me that they have effectively "un-closed" my account until I pay them the 18 Euro which I never owed them in the first place. Seems this outfit has degenerated to the point where they consider extracting unjustified charges from (ex)customers an end in itself, no matter how much it costs them.
I had a "Ptsb Current Account 4" and received a letter in July about the introduction of fees. I went to my local branch to close the account in September. They initially wanted to charge me €18 but I produced my letter stating I can close the account before October 1st if I don't accept the T & C changes. To be fair to their employee he read the letter and refunded the fee on the spot. The account was closed a few days later. I'm now a happy EBS and Revolut customer. I still have my original T & C change letter.

I had a "Ptsb Current Account 4" and received a letter in July about the introduction of fees. I went to my local branch to close the account in September. They initially wanted to charge me €18 but I produced my letter stating I can close the account before October 1st if I don't accept the T & C changes. To be fair to their employee he read the letter and refunded the fee on the spot. The account was closed a few days later. I'm now a happy EBS and Revolut customer. I still have my original T & C change letter.
They will probably send you the same kind of letter I received .

Sent them a PM on X a week ago and was told a "customer care" representative would call me back, but no call so far. Experience seems to vary, with some people being charged and others not. I won't pay them regardless of what they do.

PTSB Explorer fees increasing to €8 per month (€32 per quarter) from 01/04/24
* Effective from 1st April 2024, the 10c back as you pay benefit will reduce to 5c back as you pay and the monthly maintenance fee will increase to €8.

Back