PTSB Email - account blocked

jasconius

Got an email last night into my spam box purportedly from PTSB saying that unusual activity was detected on my account and that they had blocked it.
I was requested to supply my sign ins etc on a form and that the account would then be reviewed.

When I called PTSB this morning, they said it was a phishing scam and not to reply to it.

It looked very realistic

Anyone else get one ?

I've been getting them regularly for the last month. They are an obvious phishing attempt if you are wise to such things, but they do look very realistic.

I hope no-one is taken in by them.

I have received a few emails from PTSB warning me about my account being locked, email has a form attached. Do not click on the form or any link, remember your bank should not contact you looking for information in this way ever. If your bank was worried that something fraudulent had occured with your account they would contact you in a more formal manner, not an email that is phishing for information.
I knew it was a scam straight away as I am not a PTSB customer and never have been.

These really should be obvious. No bank is ever going to send you a form asking you to fill in your secure login details. Also, in the case of suspicious activity, in my experience they always phone.

Some of these phishing attempts include a form compressed in a .zip file. These files can be compromised and contain viruses.

I have been receiving these for a while. They seem to go to my spam box directly all the time. I always take the time to marl these messages as 'phishing scam' using the categories the email provider makes available. Not sure that it is useful, just hoping it is.

Back