PTSB Draw Down Time

Milkof

Is anyone aware of how long the current delays with PTSB for drawing down mortgages are?

Our purchasers sent in the draw down request 10 days ago and still nothing....we've been told there are 'staff' delays but I'm wondering if this is a concocted story - our purchasers haven't been the most consistent with their stories to date....

I found them dreadfully slow, constantly asking for different (and sometimes pointless) documents.

As once stage I had to get the insurance schedule re-printed as the the address was printed (correctly, per An Post) as 20 AnyTown Road, Big City, XY20 AB9; but they had to have the townland included. :confused:

My Solicitor was driven equally demented with them.

Anyway, delay is not unusual in my experience.

Just drew down with them. Very very frustrating process. Took about ten working days and that was with both ourselves and our solicitor pulling out all the stops in terms of keeping them under pressure. We were told delays were due to staffing issues.

Hi All,

I am going through this painful process at the moment. I have been waiting 6 working days so far and no end date yet. Any tips to get things moving quicker?

Afraid not Dublino, we were buying a new build and the rep for the developer had a contact in PTSB who sped things along for us. If you know someone then use them!

Our broker sent all the documents (insurance, mortgage protection, deed of assignment & direct debit) on Monday. Our solicitor contacted PTSB to request drawdown today ..... They said they only have 2 documents. Broker has resent everything again....are PTSB just really inept at doing their jobs or what ?? So frustrating.

I had the same. HQ stated we had not submitted buildings insurance which was sorted by the branch and another document was missing. All inaccurate. I have been waiting 8 working days now.

Dublino - it's so frustrating. They really make a stressful situation even more stressful. We're at the bottom of a chain, people at the top are threatening to pull out now unless this gets sorted soon... And none of this delay is our fault..

I have to say I found PTSB very good to deal with. I must have been lucky. Admittedly the building insurance didn't appear to get sent from the branch to Dublin but other than that no issues. My solicitor requested funds on a Tuesday and they issued 2 days later. I know my solictor had been on to them as our closing date was very tight. Not sure if that was why or not. We had been expecting several days wait.

I also found my branch contact very helpful. She get an eye on it in Dublin to ensure they had everything etc and the different points.

Just got word from our broker that our funds have been issued....at last. Hopefully the sellers of our house have their funds in place so the whole chain can move.
Dublino-did you get sorted yet?

Good news Toby2111 :) My funds also got released yesterday (9 working days later) afternoon, happy days. Good luck with your move Toby2111

Has anyone else drawn down with PTSB recently and how long did it take. Request was sent in a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for the funds to be issued..

We are waiting 17 days for our draw down with PTSB! Soooo frustrating. We have been told there is long delays with processing and haven’t been given any indication of when or case will be resolved. Anyone else in the same boat at the moment?

Hi did you get any reply on this? I'm going through a broker and hoping to submit drawdown request this week so wondering how long it's taking to sort out rents etc.

Hi did you get any reply on this? I'm going through a broker and hoping to submit drawdown request this week so wondering how long it's taking to sort out rents etc.
hi Canicani, just wondering how long it took for you to get the funds? We’ve just submitted our documents today, trying to plan the move. Are ptsb still experiencing delays?
Thanks!

Back