PTSB dates wrong - standing order executed early

salvidor

logged into my open24 acc this eve to transfer money between my accounts as I have a standing order set up to go out on the first of the month (mortgage payment) and it had already executed leaving me overdrawn. So I went ahead with my own acc transfer and noticed in the account summary that the date was 1/3/2010 but today is only the 28/2???

A 4.44 referal fee will now be applied to my account, which I have already insisted they refund, but I wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else is in simular situation.

I am assuming that this is an error and in no way deliberate, but this may have huge ramifications for the likes of those who get paid into their tsb acc on the last day of the month and ha standing orders going out on the first (possible not many actually as today in Sunday)

update:
i was just speaking with ptsb and it seems in fact that this is standard practice and really i was being a bit stoopid.

they say standing orders go out the day before (after close of business) to ensure that they reach the destination acc on time.

regarding my claim of the date being incorrect, in fact any transaction made after cob will be dated the next working day, which makes sense.

ooops, silly me :)

Last edited:
Back