PTSB Current account interest not being paid

Hi DMcL1971 do you mind me asking what wording actually shows up on your statement re interest applied. I looked through mine and cannot see any interest applied to my account.

The interest on my current account has still not been applied yet.

However on my savings account in November two line items appeared.
One line titled 'Credit Interest' shows the total interest applied for the period.
This is followed by another line titled 'DIRT at 33pc' showing the DIRT being withdrawn by the bank.

Thanks for the info. I will scan through it and see although saying that i am a customer for years and have never seen any interest applied to my account even though i did apply online years ago.

You might want to check post #5 and #8 from CiaranT and also check your T&C's. You are probably on an older account offering that does not pay interest. The 1% interest on amounts up to 1,500 only applies to the current account that they have been selling since April 2013. Previous current accounts offered 0.25% or nothing.

Latest update. PTSB continue their dreadful customer service.

My interest has not been credited yet. After another round of multiple calls and obfuscation and lies from PTSB customer service, I finally got to speak to someone in my branch. He tells me that interest is being applied to the current accounts at the moment but it is taking longer than expected because of the number of accounts. He says that all the interest should have been applied to everyone by early next week.

I'll continue to check my account daily with bated breath for my €1.06

17/01/2014 DIRT at 33pc 0.94 0 0
17/01/2014 CREDIT INTEREST 2013 + 1.92

Look's like it's going through now - thanks DMcL1971.

Excellent, my interest has also come through.

Now all I have to do is decide whether to re-invest it or buy a Mars bar for lunch.

17/01/2014 DIRT at 33pc 0.94 0 0
17/01/2014 CREDIT INTEREST 2013 + 1.92

Look's like it's going through now - thanks DMcL1971.

Is the €1.92 after 33% has been taken which was 94 cent so total before tax = €2.86. Is this correct in so far as you can tell anyone?

That is the way that I understand it Theresa.

On my account I was expecting to receive 1.60 in total interest and pay 33% DIRT on that. The way it was displayed was 1.08 interest and 52c DIRT.

It would be a lot clearer if they showed 2.86 being credited to your account and the 94c being debited for DIRT.

"It would be a lot clearer if they showed 2.86 being credited to your account and the 94c being debited for DIRT."

Other banks seem to do it this way and even give a net figure in brackets.

example below from BOI.

INTRST (NET 0.04) 0.06
DIRT 0.02

Yes I got 4 cent interest - nearly all my money is with NTMA (yes I know all eggs.etc...).

Back