PT work and annual leave

A

AMB

I was considering going part time and assumed my holidays were pro rata full time . However it would appear that you actually get more than the pro rata amount - I would like to check my understanding before talking to HR.

My pro rata amount is 15 days but it would appear I am entitled to 20 days.

As per the enterprise and employment site once you work over 1365 hours per year you are entitled to four weeks annual leave.

My query is how do you calculate the 1365 - does it include or exclude the annual leave and any public holidays in the hours ? If this calculations gives you less and therefore you do not get 20 days, and then work up to 1365 as a result, how does this work?

If you work 117 hours a month you are allowed 1/3 of a working week for that month. - this is 20 days in my case.

Hi AMB,

There are three different ways of calculating your annual leave:
•&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Based on the employee's working hours during what is called "the leave year", which runs from April to March. An employee who has worked at least 1,365 hours in the leave year (i.e. an average working week of 26.25 hours) is entitled to the maximum of 4 weeks annual leave. Many employers use the calendar year (i.e., January-December) instead of the official leave year to calculate entitlement.
•&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp By allowing 1/3 of a working week for each calendar month in which the employee has worked at least 117 hours
•&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 8% of the hours worked in the leave year, subject to a maximum of 4 weeks
An employee may use whichever of these methods gives the greater entitlement.
An employee who has worked for at least 8 months is entitled to an unbroken period of 2 weeks annual leave.

bank holidays

did you factor in the public holidays? if you're half time you get an extra 5 days off - but won't always be tied to the actual day as you may or may not be working it (or not). eg a bank holiday occurs on a week you're off, if you work week on/week off.

Back