Prsi sick - pay ?

deco87

My work friend from Poland returned home from holidays recently - he had to do a two week mandatory isolation in Poland - before returning two weeks late - as he contracted covid-

His employer docked him two weeks pay as he obviously did not work -

I just as talking to him today and I thought that prsi that he pays covers sick leave -
Seems unfair he was docked two weeks pay where he was not at fault and could not return /

He is Ireland in excess 10 years paying prsi and is a hard worker / decent man - seems not right -
Appreciate any advice thanks

I just as talking to him today and I thought that prsi that he pays covers sick leave
Yes, but he has to apply for it himself.

There's an enhanced illness benefit for Covid 19. He'd need to contact social welfare to find our what he needs to claim it because ge was abroad. The process to claim illness benefit works very efficiently when an Irish GP is involved.

More info:

Yes, but he has to apply for it himself.

There's an enhanced illness benefit for Covid 19. He'd need to contact social welfare to find our what he needs to claim it because ge was abroad. The process to claim illness benefit works very efficiently when an Irish GP is involved.

More info:
Thank you

Back