Mothergoose
Registered User
- Messages
- 226
Hello!
I am age 60. I worked in Ireland full-time - some caring periods - until 31st March 2023. I then worked in the UK from 31st March 2023 until 7th July 2025. I have contributed to 25 years of UK State pension and am still contributing. However, my Irish record is all over the place since 2023. I was off sick post surgery for 6 weeks in 2025. It took 6 months to get a U1 from from HMRC detailing my NI contributions in the UK for 2023 and 2024. I didn't get my Illness Benefit for those 6 weeks from 16th October 2025 until April 2026, so the DSP have me just down for two credited contributions for 2025 and 22 paid contributions - the rest would have been UK NI contributions up to 7th July 2025, but though I have provided them with the U1 Form detailing this for 2025 - these contributions have not been detailed on my PRSI record for 2025. I also earned 7k net in self-employed income f0r 2025 and my accountant said I should get an S Class contribution for this which will mean that in addition to 22 paid PRSI contributions at Class A I will have a whole year of Class S contributions - but though I have paid this amount to Revenue for PRSI at Class S for 2025 - it is also not on my contribution record which I received today.
As of Tuesday just gone, I am now off again for 12 weeks post surgery on crutches. I applied for Illness Benefit and was refused despite submitting my U1 Form again to both Illness Benefit EU Records and Illness Benefit. They did say I would have to make a new claim and submit my U1 Record again - but the U1 Form doesn't appear to update my record from 2023 or 2024. I find this so stressful again. I know there is someone on here who is very good at all this contribution and benefit stuff. I have been offered a permanent job with the HSE, and I don't want to take it as it is full-time and the HSE can be stressful but honestly working in self-employment seems to present a whole set of different issues in terms of getting PRSI contributions. Thanks in advance.
I am age 60. I worked in Ireland full-time - some caring periods - until 31st March 2023. I then worked in the UK from 31st March 2023 until 7th July 2025. I have contributed to 25 years of UK State pension and am still contributing. However, my Irish record is all over the place since 2023. I was off sick post surgery for 6 weeks in 2025. It took 6 months to get a U1 from from HMRC detailing my NI contributions in the UK for 2023 and 2024. I didn't get my Illness Benefit for those 6 weeks from 16th October 2025 until April 2026, so the DSP have me just down for two credited contributions for 2025 and 22 paid contributions - the rest would have been UK NI contributions up to 7th July 2025, but though I have provided them with the U1 Form detailing this for 2025 - these contributions have not been detailed on my PRSI record for 2025. I also earned 7k net in self-employed income f0r 2025 and my accountant said I should get an S Class contribution for this which will mean that in addition to 22 paid PRSI contributions at Class A I will have a whole year of Class S contributions - but though I have paid this amount to Revenue for PRSI at Class S for 2025 - it is also not on my contribution record which I received today.
As of Tuesday just gone, I am now off again for 12 weeks post surgery on crutches. I applied for Illness Benefit and was refused despite submitting my U1 Form again to both Illness Benefit EU Records and Illness Benefit. They did say I would have to make a new claim and submit my U1 Record again - but the U1 Form doesn't appear to update my record from 2023 or 2024. I find this so stressful again. I know there is someone on here who is very good at all this contribution and benefit stuff. I have been offered a permanent job with the HSE, and I don't want to take it as it is full-time and the HSE can be stressful but honestly working in self-employment seems to present a whole set of different issues in terms of getting PRSI contributions. Thanks in advance.