PRSA - how to appraise?

Steiny

My post was unceremoniously deleted from a thread on savings :) What prompted me to post was the mantra I always see on AAM about sinking as much money into a pension after clearing debt etc and assuming tax relief at 40pc.

I accept the logic however, a few questions....

How can performance be appraised? Anyone have a detailed spreadsheet tool or otherwise which accounts for fees also etc?

I read a letter to IT recently about the fact that approved providers of pension products are not audited or appraised based on their expected performance based on market returns v actual...

How should someone go about picking funds (thinking of the pension planet interface on irish life)?

Can I set up a prsa or pension product outside of my work one? Shd I do this rather than contribute over the employer match level to the Irish Life one.

My post was unceremoniously deleted from a thread on savings :) What prompted me to post was the mantra I always see on AAM about sinking as much money into a pension after clearing debt etc and assuming tax relief at 40pc.

I accept the logic however, a few questions....

How can performance be appraised? Anyone have a detailed spreadsheet tool or otherwise which accounts for fees also etc?

I read a letter to IT recently about the fact that approved providers of pension products are not audited or appraised based on their expected performance based on market returns v actual...

How should someone go about picking funds (thinking of the pension planet interface on irish life)?

Can I set up a prsa or pension product outside of my work one? Shd I do this rather than contribute over the employer match level to the Irish Life one.
Please, any insights into how to judge pension performance over a year, 5 years etc taking into account that it's mostly made up of equities etc and global stock performance?

Back