Protests...enough is enough

Amazed these people still behave like this knowing their pictures are going to be on file. Maybe it's time to step things up though and send out sternly worded letters about future behaviour.

or just pass a law that anyone seen protesting can be shot on sight!...that would soon put an end to it..

Should get the letter first or be shot first?
It seems to be a waste of state resourced to send the letter after shooting them. That in turn cold lead to more protests about waste and well, we'd end up with a bloodbath.

Should get the letter first or be shot first?
It seems to be a waste of state resourced to send the letter after shooting them. That in turn cold lead to more protests about waste and well, we'd end up with a bloodbath.

Well bullets are pretty expensive and I think these are reasonable people. A strongly worded letter from Enda should get them thinking about their actions. If not, the special branch might need to start getting serious and invest in good video cameras so there will be film footage on file rather than just still shots.

That will give those real IRA thugs something to think about.

Well bullets are pretty expensive and I think these are reasonable people. A strongly worded letter from Enda should get them thinking about their actions. If not, the special branch might need to start getting serious and invest in good video cameras so there will be film footage on file rather than just still shots.

That will give those real IRA thugs something to think about.
If the cost of bullets is an issue we could always use bayonets. The dramatic effect would also be greater.
Alternatively we could crucify them along the M50 (or since that would cause traffic jams due to rubber-necking maybe we could use the M9 as it's virtually unused).
Crucifixion may be a little bit extreme. Maybe we could just kill them and save crucifixion for second offences.

But then we would have splinters of wood being carried around by the comrades in mini shrines. Relics would be traded on eBay. I would not be in to the jewel encrusted boxes at all. I would much prefer the plain Maple wood type, maybe with a bit of inlay.

Crucifixion may be a little bit extreme. Maybe we could just kill them and save crucifixion for second offences.[/QUOTE]

Wow, some real dark humour on here today!

I have to say that in my heart I actually supported the protestors. If we all sit around and take it too peacefully then we will be walked all over. Throughout the year I have made savings by switching my various car and house and health insurances and playing one off against the other. I shop in all of the supermarkets to make savings on the various "specials" available. I grow my own vegetables. If I need to fly with Ryanair I wait and wait until the price comes to me. I shop around for the cheapest petrol. I use coupons et etc etc. All in all I make savings of about €700 per annum. Then comes along Property Tax and everything I have saved is wiped out in one go.
Enda Kenny and the boys have had it easy up to this. The only thing that they have done is raise taxes and cut services and slagged off Fianna Fail. Enda spends his time hiding away and only comes out with his prepared speeches. No open debates for him.
I think that protests are a good thing.

I really didn't know much about the Dail protest until a few days before it happened but I too support the ideal of a Dail protest even if I could not quite grasp what the objective was.
Anyway I am friendly enough with my local TD. He is relatively new in the Dail and I have known him for years, mainly through sport. He told me that the powers-that-be were genuinely nervous about the protests and what they could trigger. They know there is anger out there waiting to be tapped. He said they (not him) had discussed it at cabinet level a few times. He also said they were delighted with the outcome and then he laughed at the resulting bad press it received and some of the loons that turned up. I wasn't overly impressed that he laughed and we argued the rights and wrongs of it for a bit.

wow! so if you feel the right to protest now you are automatically a 'subversive'....best just knuckle under so..

?? The idiots protesting on the day in question were subversives. How else would you explain the Brits out placards?:rolleyes:

Back