Prospect Hill on Finglas Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, me too, would love to know what he means. my girlfriend lives there and it's been absolutely fine since she moved in. seems a bit misinformed...

my only concern with prospect hill is the old phrase 'the day you buy is the day you sell'. Not sure if Finglas is on the top list for many buyers ?

phoenix_n said:
my only concern with prospect hill is the old phrase 'the day you buy is the day you sell'. Not sure if Finglas is on the top list for many buyers ?

Have to admit Finglas puts me off because of media reports with regards to gangs, violence etc. But I know it's a very old area with many good parts to it! Pity it doesn't get better press anywhere.

Put a deposit down on an duplex there in May 06. Just wondering whats the story with the parking places. I paid for one but how are they allocated? Is it a random lottery or who do you need to speak to? Any advice would be appreciated. - Thanks

Harry2006 said:
Put a deposit down on an duplex there in May 06. Just wondering whats the story with the parking places. I paid for one but how are they allocated? Is it a random lottery or who do you need to speak to? Any advice would be appreciated. - Thanks

Usually car park spaces are numbered and you're given this number on your contract AFAIK.

I moved into my apt in March and the apartment number was posted to me a couple of weeks after moving in. The space number does not correspond with the number of the apartment. The car park itself has been a complete mess up until now, with lots of leakages including one that spilled sewage into the area!

I reserved in May as well. My parking space has been allocated and the plans include a plan of the relevant carpark and where the space is located in relation to lifts etc. Its not the clearest though. I was told I didnt need to pay until the closing date. I phoned the office just to check the space was adjacent and I was told that all the spaces have been located as near as possible to the relevant apartment. However the contracts do state that they are subject to change! Thus far I have only paid the 3k booking and about to pay the 8k signing of contracts deposit. Was not asked to pay upfront for the parking space.

Well I signed contracts yesterday!! We were also told the car park spaces are subject to change, particuarly in case there are any residents with disabilites.

You will pay for the parking space when you close the purchase. Until then, you won't be asked for any deposit on the space. It's not too bad though, whereever the space is, it won't be too far away from the doors to each block.

I've come out of the draw through DCC for a 2 bed and putting a deposit down on Monday, anyone know when its likely I'll be moving in, dont know any details as yet.

Hello, everyone,
I also put down deposit on a 2-bed in block 4 early May. I am so suprised and delighted to find this chat room. It is brilliant, almost like a "virtual community centre". I got so much information on the issues I have been confused since I noticed this development.
I still have some questions want to ask our future neighbours,
1. Sound proof. Can you hear washing machine's noise or TV from next door or downstairs.
2. Site security. are there kids hung around in the courtyard. is there possibility for us to organize a meeting with management company to set up an elecronic gate before contractor leaving site.

I noticed that last week the 2-bed has gone to 360,000 and 1 bed gone to 285,000. Is this the evidence for valuation of the property or developer' fear on devaluation of the property in the near future?

Hi Lisa,

We have also put down deposit in Prospect Hill. I have visited our apartment and the sound proofing seems pretty good. From talking to the builders there are solid concrete walls betweens apartments and on top of that 65mm kingspan insulation and plasterboard.
I think setting up a meeting with the management company to arrange for an electronic gate to be installed is a good idea and I believe there have been discussions already about this.
As for the value, similar sized second hand two bed apartments in premier square across the road were selling for excess of 355k so I guess thats just how crazy the prices are going.

Hey Guys,

Myself and my girlfriend are also in the process of signing for a 2 bed duplex apartment. Just wondering if any of you know the best way to get some more information about the apartments?? Has anyone had any success getting information off the estate agents??

Seems that there is a lack of information provided.

Our apartment is due to be finished in November. Does anyone know if there were delays in completion for the previous launch? And if so how long were you waiting to move in?

Thanks Guys!

Hi Mick,

The estate agent did post a drawing to us after we had signed the contract. Apart from that, we've found that it's better calling the builders directly if you need info. We managed to make an appointment with the foreman and he showed us a few completed apartments in another block which was quite helpful.

Out apartment was due to be finished in April, however we still haven't moved in. They are getting there though and have told us that we'll be able to snag the apartment in a few weeks time.

Thanks Sandra

Will try get in touch with the builder and see if I can get an appointment with the foreman!

Best of luck moving in! Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer!

Thanks for the information, hgd. I might talk to builders as Sandra suggested to view the actual apartment too.

Hi Guys,
This is a great site ! I just put a deposite down on a 1 bed in block 7 recently and i was wondering if anyone has any idea on how long it might take when people start moving in ?
Also can anyone explain to me the situation with kitchen fittings, i.e. washing machine, cooker etc. Do the apartments come with this already ?

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I recently put a deposit on a 2 bed in Block 7. We've been allocated 1 car parking space but have 2 cars and use them both for work. Does anyone know if there's any possibility of buying a second one or if there are any to rent? Has anyone else found themselves in the same situation and if so what have you done?
We're really looking forward to moving in and the complex is really coming together nicely. I see there's planning permission gone up for retail units which is great.

Hi All,

I saw on the Council website that there is a planning application in to change one of the retail units into an off licence. I think it is a totally unnecessary thing. There is an offie in Clearwater and they are building an Aldi nearby which will have an off licence too. Also, I have to say that I think an off licence in an apartment block is not a good idea and will promote anti social behaviour especially with our green areas and possible secutrity problems in the future. Maybe I am worrying over nothing but I think I might just be foresight as well.

I checked with the Council and they have no objections to it. I am going to object, but I think its a case of the more the better. For anyone interested, the reference number is 3831/06, and it has to be in by Aug 8th. It has to be sent to the
Executive Manager, Planning Department
Dublin City Council
Woodquay
Dublin 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back