Proposed European Super League

My son does not like Spurs at all.
When he was twenty one he wanted to see as many football grounds in London and Manchester as possible. We got in to see all the Premier League team grounds , even Wembley , but not Spurs . We hardly got inside the gate. He took an instant dislike for Spurs after that.

I heard Mayo are going it alone to set-up a gaa version of the super League.

I had a look on paddy power and they are odds on to finish runner up.

Boom boom

Can't believe Spurs haven't been knocked out yet. They will probably be the last to drop out and claim to have won the competition. Sorry Deise! I honestly do like Spurs!!!
Waterford F C , Waterford Hurlers and Spurs , you get used to long term suffering and unfortunately wallow in it sometimes Sunny !
Although I still have memories of the great Blues side of the mid 60’s and early 70’s who won 6 League titles in 8 years leading me to believe rashly that the good times would last forever .
Delighted that the Super League has failed , fans truly have a voice after all.

Waterford F C , Waterford Hurlers and Spurs , you get used to long term suffering and unfortunately wallow in it sometimes Sunny !
Although I still have memories of the great Blues side of the mid 60’s and early 70’s who won 6 League titles in 8 years leading me to believe rashly that the good times would last forever .
Delighted that the Super League has failed , fans truly have a voice after all.
Well at least you have a rugby team to support, that's a positive, right?

This hasn't gone away, you know. The initial skirmish has ended but the war has barely started. Money attracts money.

None of the "Super Six" will qualify for the champions league next year but they might have a battle to get out of the Championship :)

This hasn't gone away, you know. The initial skirmish has ended but the war has barely started. Money attracts money.
Absolutely. What UEFA should do now is abandon their new plans for a 36 team league format for the CL, which included sops to the bigger clubs to allow them to automatically qualify based on history, not through merit. They should take this opportunity to hammer the bigger clubs now and treat all clubs more equally. But of course they won't do this and the big clubs will simply reorganise and try again to secure more advantages for themselves.

Absolutely. What UEFA should do now is abandon their new plans for a 36 team league format for the CL, which included sops to the bigger clubs to allow them to automatically qualify based on history, not through merit. They should take this opportunity to hammer the bigger clubs now and treat all clubs more equally. But of course they won't do this and the big clubs will simply reorganise and try again to secure more advantages for themselves.
I'm not keen on the new format because it seems like a lot of games to achieve little...

But the qualification on 'history' is a little more constrained than that. It's not just for 'bigger' clubs although it will favour them. A team which wins their league still qualifies for the champions league tournament. The team that loses out is the team that occasionally finishes 4th.

It is based on their recent performances in European competitions i.e. their club ranking coefficient.
A team like Atalanta or Sevillia might get an extra champions league season because of it, should their Serie A performance drop off.
You have to earn that co-efficient.
The co-efficient imo though should be weighted more to recent campaigns though, it looks like points from 3-4 years ago count same weight at 1-2 years.

It happens in a lot of other sports wildcard invitations to tennis, golf, cycling etc based on being a previous winner etc

Back