Property syndicate

PMU

Now, I know you are all going to say that I should seek independent paid for professional advice, but before I do that can anyone direct me to or provide some information on what is involved, particularly the tax issues, in setting up a property syndicate in Ireland, i.e. a group of people pooling resources to purchase properties for subsequent rental?

I've read the older posts and any relevant ones say you should seek paid professional advice, which I intend to, but before I do that I was wondering has anyone actually set up or joined a synducate, what are the key issues involved, etc.

Hi,

I'm invloved in the process of setting one up with five other people. Our syndicate will invest in an EU country where we believe we can get above average returns. We have already received (very expensive!) tax advice from one of the big four accountancy firms. We have also decided on investment parameters, the legal structure ( a partnership), and roughly how we will operate. We are currently getting quotations from a number of solicitors who can incorporate our wishes into a legally binding contract and who will also ensure that we have not left out any key legal issues. If you have some specific questions I may be able to help / point you in the right direction.

Back