Property Price register

Fisherman

Why do some house sales not appear on the PPR. Two houses near me sold in 2016 and neither are on the register.

I believe if there is no mortgage on the property and it's paid for in full by the buyer, it is not registered.

That's not correct Nutso.

[broken link removed]

"The Residential Property Price Register is produced by the Property Services Regulatory Authority (PSRA) pursuant to section 86 of the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011. It includes Date of Sale, Price and Address of all residential properties purchased in Ireland since the 1st January 2010, as declared to the Revenue Commissioners for stamp duty purposes."

If it isn't on the register the stamp duty mustn't have been filed yet...

Why do some house sales not appear on the PPR. Two houses near me sold in 2016 and neither are on the register.

They might in due course appear. House near me sold and it was a couple of years before it appeared on PPR. No idea why it took so long to show up but it did !

They might in due course appear. House near me sold and it was a couple of years before it appeared on PPR. No idea why it took so long to show up but it did !

See my post above; the event that triggers the transaction appearing on the register is the execution of the deed and payment of stamp duty.

I have had problems finding a sale in the past.

Try putting the address followed by property price register into google.

Usually a Property Price Register listing for that house and / or all on that street will came up on the first page.

See my post above; the event that triggers the transaction appearing on the register is the execution of the deed and payment of stamp duty.

Torblednam. Do houses go on the register if the transaction is deemed in some way "commercial", ie, bought through a company? I also am aware of a house that I believe sold a couple of years ago and never appeared on the register.

Many addresses in Ireland are non-unique, that's one problem.

Another is mis-spelling.

Ref my original post. It's not that I'm being nosey... just thinking of the property tax . I know what the asking prices were . I'll just keep cking the PPR every once in a while.

Back