Property Portfolio Fund by Irish Life

tonster01

Can anyone shed any more light on if this would (potentially) be a wise investment...

I have met with an independent QFA and they informed me tha 8-10% return would be easily achieved.

I'm putting 10K for short term and this is my first time investing money.

She also said the risk would be quite low as its invested in commercial properties across Europe..

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ben

Did the independent QFA also propose to you the European Commercial Property Fund from Hibernian?

No I dont think so...she said this one concentrated on European property...is the hibernian one better/more reliable?

Hi Ben,

I have met with an independent QFA and they informed me tha 8-10% return would be easily achieved.

Is this independent QFA working for a Bank? It's just that I have heard that line before about easily achieving 8-10% on this product.

I'm putting 10K for short term and this is my first time investing money.

What's your definition of 'short term' ?

No they are a financial institution covering many banks and products...

By short term I am referring to 1-2 years...with ease of access to capital if need be...

Well I would have thought whatever chance of making 8-10% p.a. over a 7-10 year period, 1-2 years is far too short. Also, do make sure that there are no early exit penalties, given that you think you may want to encash early. If you're looking at 1-2 years in the current climate, i think your best bet is the Rabo 5% deal for €10k tbh

No I dont think so...she said this one concentrated on European property...is the hibernian one better/more reliable?

No, I just wanted to know if your ‘independent’ adviser has discussed other property funds with you or had just picked the Irish Life one out of a hat.

Is this the property fund that was recommended?:
[broken link removed]

[FONT=&quot]You should note the risk assessment of the fund by Irish Life and also the time period for which they believe you should invest. And that it also invests in UK and IE property.[/FONT]

It irritates me to see a QFA predicting returns of 8 - 10% on a product which is regulated by the Financial Regulator. Such projections are against the law. As your QFA to put predictions in writing to you. They won't do it. So you must therefore deduce that they're happy to make such claims verbally to you to make a sale but not in writing.

I am thinking that Rabobank deposit is the best idea after seeing these comments....she has discussed others too but I was also interested in commodity indexes also so had a look at a few of them also

Thanks for your advice...

Back