Property Investment Decision

No, you said:

“You might as well say if someone has a mortgage, they are then borrowing money for everything else from a cup of coffee to a pair of new shoes”

Sarenco spoke only of investing.

The only person who has conflated investments and purchases is you.

Read page three again, Sarenco agrees with my earlier post about buying coffee with borrowed money

His post starts with

"yup that's exactly the financial position"

Don't be wilfully blind

You said people were buying coffee or shoes with borrowed money if they held debt
Yes, that's pretty self-evidently the case.

Nothing to do with "leveraged purchases" (whatever that means).

It certainly has nothing to do with leveraged investing.

Yes, that's pretty self-evidently the case.

Nothing to do with "leveraged purchases" (whatever that means).

It certainly has nothing to do with leveraged investing.

That's twice you have confirmed what I thought, hopefully Mr Gekko will now manage to see it

@galway_blow_in

Will you please pause for a second and actually read what other posters are saying?

Let's say I owe you €100. I paint a wall for Gordon and he pays me €100. I now have a choice - I can pay you back or I can spend the money on a night out with my pals.

Wouldn't you agree that I would be paying for that night out with borrowed money?

Now, let's say that instead of paying you back or going on a night out, I bought widgets with the €100 in the expectation that I could sell them in the future at a profit.

Wouldn't you agree that's a leveraged investment?

Surely you can see the differences between these scenarios?

It’s a pity that this thread has been high jacked. Yet another debate has to descend into debunking nothing more than ill-conceived notions and highlighting fudge’s.

Back