Property in London

reddeagle

Hi Guys
I know this isnt a property website but I am planning to go contracting in London come janurary, i have provisioally set a contract up for 1 year that should net me approx 65k sterling (before taxes and deductions etc)

What i would most like to do would be to try and purchase some property over there becuase I intend to stay for some time and also my better half is over there.

Rather than paying two rents, i thought purchasing might be the way.

I have about 60k euro available for deposit. I would like to live within within zone 2, wonder what i should be expecting to pay

Any thoughts.
any advice is always apreciated.

If you intend returning to Ireland, bear in mind that purchasing a property abroad means that you will no longer be a first time buyer (for what it's worth).

Take a look at www.rightmove.co.uk
you can put in a tube station into the search and it'll give you a list of nice expensive properties, actually compared to Dublin they prob aren't that expensive.

i live in london and can help you with this. PM me and let me know where you will both be working as you will probably want to minimise commuting times.

bear in mind that we will probably get at least one more rate rise here (to 4.75%) in the near future though, compared to dublin, i reckon that things here are slightly better value (though it is all relative).

Back