Property for purchase in Mallorca

carraig king

I am looking for some help. My father passed away a short while back and left some money for a property to be bought in his favourite holiday spot, Palma Nova. My mother has done some research out there and found a lovely apartment newly built and finished to a very high standard. Briefly it is 133m2 with 16m2 balcony 4 bed 3 bathrooms. The price is €360,500 plus taxes. According to the estate agent the builder is not willing to budge on the price but will fit all the white goods and a few other small bits. Does anyone have any experience of property purchases in this area or Mallorca. My mother has looked at other properties there but the standards for the prices are not great. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

And you believe the Estate agents and the Builder ?? Get real !!! The entire European market is in complete dissaray and it is a buyers market. Your mum should go out there for a holiday and find a suitable property at a price she believes is right not some bull she is being told.

Obviously she doesn't believe them I am looking for some advice from people who may have dealt with people in this area as each area has some funny querks when dealing with the locals etc. The standard of some of the property isn't anywhere near this one which is the problem as this property sticks out head and sholders above the other apartments she has seen.

Likewise, I think you should take your time as there is great value to be had for people with a few bob at the moment. I'm sure you want to honour your late dad's wishes but do you really think he would object tou you looking around the entire island or is Pamla Nova where your mam wants to buy to.

Like you we came into money when my dad passed away a few years ago but we are still looking, I'm glad we took our time because the whole of Spain is saturated with holiday homes people cant get rid of at the moment and I think you would be better off looking at the second hand market.

Do not make decisions that large close to a bereavement - maybe take a few years!!
Take advice and rent for a while, this market ain't going anywhere soon except maybe down

I am looking for some help. My father passed away a short while back and left some money for a property to be bought in his favourite holiday spot, Palma Nova. My mother has done some research out there and found a lovely apartment newly built and finished to a very high standard. Briefly it is 133m2 with 16m2 balcony 4 bed 3 bathrooms. The price is €360,500 plus taxes. According to the estate agent the builder is not willing to budge on the price but will fit all the white goods and a few other small bits. Does anyone have any experience of property purchases in this area or Mallorca. My mother has looked at other properties there but the standards for the prices are not great. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds expensive, regardless of standard. In the current climate you are much better off buying a second-hand place, forget any thoughts of buying new right now.

That really is a bizarre bequest.

Do you really have to adhere to it? Does your mother actually want a holiday home there?

Brendan

That really is a bizarre bequest.

Do you really have to adhere to it? Does your mother actually want a holiday home there?

Brendan

+1

a.) Dont make a emotional purchase , wait til you all know that this is what you all would like (your father would want you all to be happy)

b.)The price seems on the steep side , take the advice of previous post.
The whole of Europe's property has had the ass fall out of it , even some resorts like Mallorca more so than others , 365k will give you some great choice and power to neg . Shop around I promise you will be surprised.

c.)Never ever ever ever ever listen to advice from a estate agent on what a builder will and will not do , its like asking Jackel will Hyde be nice ? , no dis-respect to any estate agents but remember who is also paying the estate agent commision , the builder !

Best of luck with your purchase (if thats what you decide ).... I am so jealous , 365k on a holiday home would cheer me up something fierce .:)

Keep us updated.

M

Back