Property and corporate tax

SIlverNeo

Hi

Let me start by giving some background to see can anyone answer the question I have.

I have a property in Ireland I'm renting for around 3000 a month.

Now if I put this in a company I need to pay 25% in tax instead of 40% + UCS + PRSI. (as I have other income not just the property)

My question is if the company is renting a property aboard in order to do business (Spain for example) can I deduct this from the tax?

The bellow is an example

12 X 3000 = 36000 Tax 25%= 9000 (regular tax I would need to pay)

12 X 3000 - 12 X 1000 (the cost of the rent in the abroad country) = 24000 tax 25% = 6000

Is this allowed or you cant deduct the the abroad cost of the rent for tax purposes?

Also if you buy a company car or company laptop abroad can you deduct this as well?

And you are ok with paying Capital Gains Tax when you sell your property to the company?

And you are ok with the company paying stamp duty when it buys the property from you?

And you are ok with paying income tax on any salary or dividends you draw from the company?

And you are ok with the company paying Capital Gains Tax when it eventually sells the property?

And you are ok with paying Capital Gains Tax again when you liquidate the company?

Sorry, I don't know if you can get a writing down allowance for your laptop.

Brendan

Last edited:
Back