Propertry Path - Turn up or else.

SlurrySlump

My daughter has received a letter from Property Path telling her to turn up at an appointed date shortly to view properties in Adamstown under the Affordable Housing Scheme. They have told her to bring along with her her provisional loan approval letter, if she doesn't then "Without having supplied this a viewing cannot be carried out".

They also state further down the letter that "If you choose to refuse the property for whatever reason your application will revert to the end of the Affordable Housing list, the current waiting period from placement on the list to offer and viewing of an affordable home is currently 12 months".

My daughter hasn't got a provisional loan approval letter and will have difficulty producing one within the 8 days notice given to her. Does this literally mean that she will be refused to view any of the properties on offer?

Also if she doesn't like the Adamstown properties does it mean that she will be punished by having her name put to the back of the list, if she doesn't purchase one?

It sounds a bit like "Ve haf vays off making you choose....." you pleb!!

Or am I just being a bit sensitive?

You're not being sensitive, the developer is trying to scare people into sigining contracts.
Just to let you know, properties in Adamstown are currently starting from just 195,000 on the open market.
Check out that option first.

I also received a letter from property path a while ago about Adamstwon. I don't think the letter said I had to have approval in principle before viewing. I know PP said I should apply for AIP so they would know what price region I was in.
If the letter just says that she will be offered a viewing (but the estate agent will contact her) then she could have a few weeks to go before the actual viewing (mine was about 2 weeks between letter & estate agent contact).
As she is at the top of the list she should get AIP to show PP what she can afford. They will then only offer her properties within her budget. When I was offered Adamstown they were 240K + which was over my AIP offer. I have since been offered something more within budget. If she can't afford the property then it will not be seen as a refusal and she will remain at the top of the list until something comes up in budget. However, if she gets AIP for required amount and refuses property as she doesn't like the location etc then she will go to the end of the list.
Hope that helps :)

Hi

I received a very similar letter about 8 months ago when i first got to the 'top of the list'. I told them out straight that I talked to the bank and wouldn't be able to sort out getting a provisional loan offer so quickly. Asked if it would be ok to go and view while im 'in the process' of getting the letter. She said Yeah like it was no problem at all. That they just tried to get a bit of fire under people and stop people wasting time.
No other people at the viewing i was at carried letters etc around with them, it was simply a role call of people there and off we went to view.

It was on a Friday, if i wanted a place, i would ring on Monday and tell them, and bring a 3k deposit in on Tuesday/Wednesday

I'm in somewhat of similar situation, I've received email on Wednesday to say that id been shortlisted and there is a viewing saturday next, I've contacted EBS and they will send me out a form which I didnt receive yet, then need to send it back with the AIP ,along with confirmation of employment from my employer, and need to get this all done by saturday within 5 days, but I rang them to explain my concerns and they said it really doesnt matter as there is supposed to be representative from each bank there on day of viewing and if you dont have it, just bring letter from employer confirming your in full time employment and most recent payslip.

Only issue is that ive nearly no savings so may be declined mortgage.

Yoy need to bring a 3k deposit payable to the developer, this is refundable if you can't go through with the deal. There is usually members from the relevant council, mortgage broker and people from AHP there.

From the email I got it seems it's first come first served and they recommend getting there early. I wonder hom many people will be there in the current climate, couple of years ago there would have been people queing for days for first choice.

Neil.

You're not being sensitive, the developer is trying to scare people into sigining contracts.
Just to let you know, properties in Adamstown are currently starting from just 195,000 on the open market.
Check out that option first.

Passed that way yesterday and there was a flurry of activity outside on the main road with people holding up signs etc and went in for a nosey. 2 bed apartments in the Paddocks started from €185K. They were nice enough too.

With Affordable Housing I can't stress enough the need to get a professional to do the snag list (our AH apt is built to a lower standard than equivalent properties - e.g. walls behind skirting boards weren't finished properly) and call to local Garda and get a report on crime levels in the area (our lives have been made a living hell after accepting a AH apt in the Deansrath area) and we had to spend several thousand on security for the apt. Basically everyone cuts corners on AH.

Back