Properies are for sale but told sale agreed, but still advertised 3 weeks later despite being sale agreed?

Mothergoose

I have tried to see 3 particular apartments in Dublin 3 with a local agent however they told me that 2 had gone sale agreed. Three weeks later the properties are still advertised for sale. I ask again about them and they say they are sale agreed. Then I ask about another older apartment that had been on their site for sale for 3 months and is still advertised for sale but when I ask to view it,.they say it has been withdrawn but it is up on the site still and for ages as for sale. What is going on here?

It wouldn't be unusual for properties to continue to be listed while sale agreed given that sale agreed isn't contractually binding.

It's also not unusual for agents to drag there heels, with regards to updating the status of properties that they advertise (be it down to them wanting to create the appearance of having lots of properties available, or otherwise).

If you really want to try for a property, pop a short and politie note in the letterbox of the property, addressed to the owners, and explaining your situation, then asking them to contact you if they'd like to engage.

Up until contracts are signed both parties can pull out of the sale.
It may be a prudent practice to leave the listing live until this happens.

Back