Project Management Qualification

What course did you end up doing?
Was it worth the effort and what are you working at now?

Re: Project manager qualifications

I dont know what you consider cheap or fast, but the block release course
from the IPMI www.projectmanagement.ie is 2 days per month for 6 months, and caost around 6K I think

I did this course 2 years ago and it was excellent. It was 5k but there was also FAS funding.
It was a tough course though. The 2 days per month were interesting but the deliverables every month were substantial and there were a few exams. Well worth doing in my opinion.

Have done both the IPMA Diploma and and PMI Certification. Tbh I found that preparing for the PMP was much more demanding and stressful. The deliverables(!) for the IPMA were not that difficult in themselves - juggling work, study, homework and potty-training DD2 was the tricky part for me:p
The final project was timeconsuming, but once you get stuck in it's ok, and if your chosen topic is familiar to you makes it easier. The actual exams are split in two so quite manageable, and if u listen up, they give very good indications of what to focus on.

The PMP format changed shortly after I sat it, so can't say what it's like now - I believe the pass mark went up and my understanding is that it is even more demanding overall.

I'm not working right now but my accreditation is good till 12/2011, so I'm keeping my options open - never want to sit that exam again!

I'm not working right now but my accreditation is good till 12/2011, so I'm keeping my options open - never want to sit that exam again!
You need to keep records of relevant training & development activities to keep your qualification active, so make sure you keep these records as you go along.

Back