Process for new payee with AIB

rob oyle

I have a deposit account with AIB and I'm trying to set up a payee to transfer money out. This doesn't seem possible at all on my mobile through the app but even logging in though my laptop I am told that a new payee cannot be set up without an active AIB debit card. Am I missing something or is it really not possible to set up a new payee if you don't effectively have a current account?!?

Note: it is possible to transfer €1,000 in any one day to another account but the IBAN and details are not stored for use again later.

Yeah normal process to set it up would be using the card with the card reader to authenticate it.

Since you have internet banking, why don't you give their internet banking line a call, explain that your account doesn't have a card and see if they can set it up that way or worst case would be to go to branch.

There is a half baked workaround on the desktop. If you go into what AIB refer to as “Payment Logs” and locate the previous payment to the payee, you can select “reuse” and make the payment without re-entering the payee details. However the value of this is further limited as AIB clear down these logs after 30 days for some inexplicable reason.

If you do a date search of your payment logs it will bring up all payments in between the dates entered. Should be able to retrieve all historic payments this way.

Back