Problems with Preston Brook in Rathangan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
The issue with the floor area appliance cert was sorted out by our solictor when she eventually got their solicitors to remove the clause from our contract-but not before we were on the verge of pulling out of the sale altogether.There was also a clause in the contract stating that they could gazzump us but we also had that removed.
As for the management company,from looking at the contracts it seems that one will be set up if the estate is not taken over by the CC-heres hoping.
We visited the site last weeka nd took a walk around the house with one of the finishing foremen,he was sound and had no problem bringing us around just go onto the site and ask for Mark or Brian.
We were told that we may get in to snag around the 19th of this month but things have dragged on so long now I am not holding my breath.
My girlfriend is back to work after maternity leave in march and we were hoping to be in before then but with having to floor and tile the house before I can move in with the little one I think thats only a pipe dream.

Actually she didn't remove it from the contract but inserted a clause stating that the sale would not be final before the cert was issued.
The reason being that while the house is under the sq ft limit it is over the 317,000 limit and the dept considers it liable for stamp duty unless the developer furnishes them with a floor area compliance cer-and as far as I know they are under no obligation to do so.

hey....

would I be right in saying that you guys are not first time buyers?
anyone know anything in relation to the kitchens being held up? We have a couple of extras added, minor stuff really, but in contacting seamus dunne directly for a price for the extras, we were told that they have all but stopped putting kitchens in at the moment......not good!

We are first time buyers-we just are fortunate enough to have a damn good solictor who spent weeks fighting with the vendors solicitor over the compliance cert otherwise we would have had to pay stamp duty regardless of the fact that we are first time buyers.
If you are a first time buyer and this issue didn't come up in discussions with your solicitor then I would contact them in case you get hit with a hefty bill from the revenue when the sale goes through.

We were speaking with the finishing foreman and all that remains to be completed is the kitchen fitting and he didn't have a clue when this would be done.

Hi,

We bought a 2 bed house in Preston Brook.We we're told we should be in by the end of April , which is a 7 month delay from what we were first told.Is anyone else in this situation and has anyone heard different?

yeah, it looks like everyone is being made wait. Out of (from what I can see at least) 60 odd houses completed, there's 4 with cars in driveways. They had issues with kitchens, water supply and weather.

If you can visit the site, there's no security on anymore so you can walk right up to your own house to check the status, I'd put money on it being a kitchen delay though.

Please set up a forum on to discuss problems with completion, snagging etc. and then post the link here.

We went to visit the site yesterday (sunday 25th) and had a look in the windows of the 2 beds to see how progress is going, some of the houses have the kitchens put in or halfway there although not all of them have been started on! I would say it is the kitchens holding it up too! We spoke to someone from Colm McEvoy's who said she didn't have a clue what was going on, a bit annoying if they don't know anything, may as well not be there if they have no information!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back