Problems with Preston Brook in Rathangan

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpk

Hi-

We are currently purchasing a house in Preston Brook in Rathangan and ran into a few probelms with floor area compliance certs and clauses in the contracts which if left unchanged would have resulted in us having to pay stamp duty even though we are first time buyers.

Did anyone else buying here have the same problems?

Hi jpk i have bought a house there too and didnt hear of any problems regarding this. Have you gotten it sorted? Also were you given a date to move in?
Thanks

Hi,

Great to see this popping up on askaboutmoney.com finally. Have been checking back every now and then. Anyone have any news/problems/issues/updates with Preston Brook.

Wondering about how the management company to deal with the water tanks will be chosen and how much it will cost.

Any more on this stamp duty issue jpk? Which hous type is the problem with? Has anyone been let in to snag yet? We managed to sneak onto the site over christmas and things look like they have progressed alot. Do we have to wait for the row of 3 beds facing the river to be finished before we get a date? Are they even sold yet?

Cheers,

cutter.

Hi,

I purchased my house the end of May '06,still not in to snag.

I have been told that the hold up is with Kildare County Council regarding the water.

I hope things will start to move soon!

Hi,

We are in a similar boat mm37, it was july for us....long wait.

Last we heard, just before christmas, the water issue is sorted. We will now be pressing for a date to snag, or even get on site to measure up for floors etc. Let us know if you get any results, i'll do same.

all the best

cutter

Hi Linear cut,

Thanks,will let you know of any update.Trying to get in touch with the County Council regarding the water situation.

Cheers,

mm37

Spoke to abbeycourt yesterday evening. they reckon by the end of the month, they'll be letting people in to snag. I'll believe it when I see it, but from what I saw onsite at christmas, there isn't much left to do in the line of major work. All the heavy plant and materials are gone, all that remains is a jcb. But the row facing the river have quite a bit to go. I wouln't think it'd be too long now...probably mid feb.

That's good news,i have just sent them an email.Fingers crossed!

Thanks for that,

mm37

Hi,

I have been in touch with Abbeycourt homes and was told that the snaging will take place probably Mon-Fri 10-4PM.Does anyone else have any problems with trying to snag during these times.I will be in work plus the person wo is doing my snag is in work during the week.

im doing my snag on wednesday for preston brook .cant wait its been too long of a wait now at this stage.
Where are u guys moving from?

Hi,

I hope to snag soon,just trting to get someone to do it.I have been living on the southside of the city and moved to Clontarf recently.Looking forward to the move.How about you?

Hi we were given a date of Feb 18th to possible move in, told will prob be ready to snag around 10th.

Whats all this about a management company? we were told nothing about it. We are just getting rid of one i didnt want to deal with another, they are a nightmare.

Hi, we haven't been given any exact snag date yet, only that probably its gonna be the last week of Jan/beginning of Feb.
Mecker75 your doing your snag tomorrow or next week? Thrifty1 has a snagging scheduled around the 10th. I wonder which phase you bought from…? Our house is from the 2 phase.

We bought from phase 1, but we seemed to have been in the latter part of it as house only being finished now, while i saw some have been finished months.

Did you hear anything about a management company, its wasnt mentioned to us by our solicitor?

Abbeycourt Homes told us today that our house won't be ready for snagging for the next two weeks! :-(

Our solicitor confirmed that there will be no management company.

Thats great (about no management company) bad experiences with them.

Two weeks for snagging isnt too bad if you are in phase 2 i might give them a call and confirm our date.

Thanks.

Im in first phase we should be moving in next week,2nd phase is still not finished yet?

We were recently told by Abbeycourt Homes that there were no Phase 1 and 2, seems to be just something McEvoy is telling people.

Its all one Phase, and as far as i know we dont have to wait for the houses facing the river to be completed.

Seemingly what we think is Phase 2 are these houses but they are not,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back