Problems with DigiWeb Broadband?

60watt

Hi,

Anybody in Athlone area having problems with Digiweb broadband?
I have NO Internet since Thursday.:mad: I ring them everyday and its always the same answer "there is a general problem in Athlone area and we are working in it". Just wondering if there really is a general problem, is anybody else in Athlone having problems ??

Re: Problems with DigiWeb Broadband ??

Hi,

I live in Drogheda but I had also major problems with their service. I signed up for a 1 GB download package last year. For 1 month, the speed of download was only 400-500 kbps, making it virtually impossible (possible but very very slow) to download media or MP3 files. I rang them every day for a week and got the same replies as you. It was only when I threatened them with cancelling my subscription with them that they got the issue resolved.

I know it`s a pain but keep calling and complaining. I am very happy with their service now:D

Hi,

I live in Drogheda but I had also major problems with their service. I signed up for a 1 GB download package last year. For 1 month, the speed of download was only 400-500 kbps, making it virtually impossible (possible but very very slow) to download media or MP3 files. I rang them every day for a week and got the same replies as you. It was only when I threatened them with cancelling my subscription with them that they got the issue resolved.

I know it`s a pain but keep calling and complaining. I am very happy with their service now:D

hi gebbel. I think you mean you signed up for the 1mb package? the €19.95 per month package? well then 400-500kbps is fine for the package you are on. If you look the 1mp package is called metro LITE, and the contention is 40:1 so that speed is quiet reasonable if you ask me. I don't think you will see the full 1mb unless there isn't many people using it! If you want higher speed goto the 3mb package. The problem is alot of school kids during peak times and all weekend are downloading mp3's divx movies etc and it slows the system down. parents are not willing to goto the higher package for their kids to download music which is what the 3mb packige is for, so they just leave their pc downloading all day long if that's what it takes. This slows it down for everyone else. I am however having problems with the 3mb package with slow speeds I'm getting 100-150 peaking at 2mb which is bad for the 3mb package. I must creat a post to see if people are having the same problem!

hi gebbel. I think you mean you signed up for the 1mb package? the €19.95 per month package?

Sorry Mad Lad, I meant the 1mb package. I am going to upgrade to the 3mb package next week. i will let you know what speeds i am achieving

Hi 60Watt

What (was) the digiweb speed like in athlone?
I thinking of getting the Metro Lite Package (1MB)

Cheers

Not a Digiweb problem! You guys are lucky-I live out in the sticks Drumree Co Meath 6 miles from Maynooth/Dunshaughlan & I cannot get anything at present. I believe Eircom have an unadvertised wireless option but its about 700 euro to have it installed & then the monthly payment of 40 or so.

Anyway I tried the new 3 mobile broadband offering but I'm just outside coverage.

My last hope appears to be with a organisation called RuralService.net which offers one way satelite service 9.99 /19.99/45.00 depending on download requirements. Its about 250 euro to install. I'd appreciate any feedback on this service

Roxymusic

I signed up for a 1 GB download package last year. For 1 month, the speed of download was only 400-500 kbps,

Just so you realise, the advertised download/connection speeds are usually hypothetical and you rarely actually get anywhere close to these.

Contention ratios, the quality of your telephone line etc, will all play a part in your individual connection/download speed.

I had a Digiweb DSL Xtra connection when I was living in Dublin, and I found them a delight to deal with. They are up front and seem to generally give a damn, so much so as I am waiting for my local exchange here in the south to be connected so I can get another package from them.....

Back