Problem with Vokera Mynute gas boiler

It's not a pressure reducing valve but a automatic filling valve, they look similar so I can understand the confusion. your installer was correct, he fitted a filling loop, you must turn it on to pressurise system and then off, it does not automatically fill you system when there is a drop in pressure.

I wouldn't fit an automatic filling valve, it would always be a fillling loop.

I wouldn't fit an automatic filling valve, it would always be a fillling loop.

Thanks for the response.

Is it not beneficial to always be filling the loop, to keep the pressure in the system at least 1 bar (rather than have to check and do manually)?

Also, apparently there are different rules in different areas regarding being allowed to install an automatic filling valve - have you come across this?

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

Is it not beneficial to always be filling the loop, to keep the pressure in the system at least 1 bar (rather than have to check and do manually)?

Also, apparently there are different rules in different areas regarding being allowed to install an automatic filling valve - have you come across this?

Thanks

Once the system is up to pressure, it shouldn't have to be topped up on a regular basis. Maybe once or twice a year tops. If it is a regular thing, your system has a fault. And if the system is constantly refilling itself you will never know about it until your radiators rust and your heat exchanger fails. Fresh water constantly entering heating system is bad news, hence the reason a lot of installers aren't fans of automatic filling valves.

different councils may have different by-laws
, I'm not sure. However I don't fit AFV so it doesn't affect me.

can anyone advise me re pressure gauge? we have had a water cut in our area and my pressure dropped down to under .5. I then opened the filling loop valve as I had been shown, but now my pressure goes up to over 2 when the heating is on, is this ok? or should I get someone to have a look at it?
thanks.

over 2 is fine, if it was exceeding 2.5 and heading for 3 bar then yes it should be looked into as your expansion vessel may need recharging

Back