Problem with stairs

Draff

I have a problem with the stairs that I got for a new two storey build. They were suppose to run fromt the 1st floor to the attic.
They have been measured incorrectly. With a bit of restructuring, the problem can be sorted but after forking out so much money, I'm not happy with this approach.

Anybody ever had this happen? If so, what steps did you take?

If the supplier of the stairs masured incorrectly, then it is their responsibility to correct the problem. I would ask them to make the correct staircase, after all it is you who will be living in the house and not them, so thay will take the easiest/cheapest way out.

Will they offer you a discount to reflect the situation?
Can you live with the stairs as it now is?

If they measured, it's there problem. But if you measured, or you got someone to measure, you have no comeback.

I agree with qwerty. Stairs being wrong is a very serious issue. The legislation says (well so I am told) - If there is an accident with a stairs its is not the insurance on the house that covers it, the manufacturer is liable. This is the only situation where this legislation exists. Irish Law!

I am sure if the manufacturer made the mistake and he is aware of this legislation he would replace the stairs immediately without any qualms.

Interested to know is anyone else has heard about this legislation.

Back