Problem with squatting Roma in derelict property close to where I live.

Unfortunately we all talk about being concerned for others,its seems when it is actually next door or directly in the neighbourhood,the concern turns to crime waves and property prices.

My first concern would be that they are going to be a nuisance to me, and I'm sure that is the concern of most people. It may be an indictment of our society, but you really have to look after yourself nowadays.

I totally agree with Mr. Man. The original poster has never said he/she is concerned for the welfare of the people involved.

People have enough to be doing keeping their own head above water without taking on other peoples causes too. That is just the way we live.

They dont want to have to live beside a derelict dump and quite frankly I would not either.

There is also nothing wrong with concern over your property's value when something like that is beside you.

What is the main problem? If they are using the garden as a private dump, surely they can be done for littering? Which specific are of what you described affects you and how?

If there are any environmental health issues at all - whether it's littering, noise, pollution or whatever, I would try this route as EHOs can be surprisingly quick in responding to these matters.

my god,haven't we become a society of snobs,what happened to ireland and the famous welcome,did you ever notice the people who seem to care the most about political refugees and asylum seekers and the rights of the down trodden live mostly in the affluent areas of Dublin,i have yet to see an asylum hostel or halting site in foxrock or castlenock i suppose its the not on my doorstep attitude that comes with wealth.

my god,haven't we become a society of snobs,what happened to ireland and the famous welcome,did you ever notice the people who seem to care the most about political refugees and asylum seekers and the rights of the down trodden live mostly in the affluent areas of Dublin,i have yet to see an asylum hostel or halting site in foxrock or castlenock i suppose its the not on my doorstep attitude that comes with wealth.
a friend of mine has the same problem in dublin with gypsies hanging around his business. the gypsies have absolutely no interest in an honest days work but will happily forcefully beg for money. everyone else has to work for a living to survive so why should the gypsies be treated so differently?

would you welcome them onto your doorstep? We live in the real world now and nobody is going to want to increase their chances of getting robbed etc, by having people loitering or illegaly living next door to them.

i have all sorts on my doorstep,i live in kilmainham/james street,we are surrounded by drug addicts,a halting site for gypsies,a hostel for immigrants and homeless,a methadone centre in the hospital,if i was to object to unsavoury characters i would go insane,i have adopted the attitude of live and let live,we are all gods creatures,a small amount of compassion helps the world go round.these people are not as fortunate as some of us,think about losing your house your job and hitting rock bottom,we woild look to others for help,only then would you realise the cruelty in such hard snobby attitudes.

i have all sorts on my doorstep,i live in kilmainham/james street,we are surrounded by drug addicts,a halting site for gypsies,a hostel for immigrants and homeless,a methadone centre in the hospital,if i was to object to unsavoury characters i would go insane,i have adopted the attitude of live and let live,we are all gods creatures,a small amount of compassion helps the world go round.these people are not as fortunate as some of us,think about losing your house your job and hitting rock bottom,we woild look to others for help,only then would you realise the cruelty in such hard snobby attitudes.
i personally dont have a hard or snobby attitude at all, if someone was in need i would be one of the first there to help out. i also support charities a lot. if i was in that position of being in hard luck and less fortunate, i would be very grateful if someone offered some help, and i would work hard to try to change my situation. what bugs me is that some people think its their god given right to get hand outs from everyone, and dont make any effort to change their situation. i have experienced forceful gypsies begging and its not nice at all.

Back