Problem With Payment Plan

Wishes

One of my debtors have agreed to a payment plan for X amount of money to be paid off my debt on the 1st day of each month.

Last month I paid them on the 30th by credit transfer knowing that the money will land in the banks account the following morning the 1st as agreed.

On this occassion the transaction process was very quick and landed in the bank on the same day (30th).

They are now telling me they did not receive this months payment as it did not arrive on the 1st. They say the payment I made is being put down as an extra payment for last month and has nothing to do with the present month.

Is this completely unreasonable?

Payment plan

I dont accept, for one minute, that the bank is right. That is red tape and nitpicking gone mad. I have had many conflicts with banks and various financial institutions down the years. I would never advise anyone to treat their debts lightly, but I would advise people to take their problems to a higher level, if they think that they are being wrongly treated.

I have written to The Financial Regulator, The Ombubsman, The Chairmen of both main banks, The chairman of the Revenue Comissioners. It does irritate them to be getting letters of complaint from members of the public and sooner or later someone is told to do something about it.

Back