problem with clicking into links on comp

W

witchymand

Everytime I am on any webpage and there is a link to something of interest, when I click it it won't go into it, and just goes to this
a-search.biz/?wmid=1010
I presume my comp is somewhat hi-jacked, I have loads of virus protectors on my comp but obviously to no avail.
Has anyone any advice.
E.G of this problem was when I was looking up tickets on Ticketmasters website, then when I clicked on seating plan the above website just kept coming up.
Can anyone explain how to get it back to normal.
Also I have gone into 'Tools, then Internet options and saved my home page as iol.ie, but the above link just keeps opening.
Thanks

d'oh you cant click links

start - run - paste the following and press ok
"www.softpedia.com/progDownload/CWShredder-Download-8114.html"

Browser Hi-jack

Hi witchymand,

What you are suffering from is a "Browser Hi-jack" ( not to be confused with a "Modem Hi-jack".

Its not generally appreciated but the standard anitvirus products Norton McAfee dont protect you against this type of browser hijack.

Following the advice in the clean pc post will prevent re-infestation. (spybot, adaware, using alternative browsers such as mozilla etc). Always make sure that the versions you are using are the most recent edition. (ie download first and then check for updates)

Following the advice given by previous posters re CWShredder should clear the current infection. I used CWShredder to clear something similar in the Spring.

Be careful, before you download and run any "cure" you find by googling. Some of the so called "cures" are worse than the original condition.

ajapale

Back