Problem transfering money to AIB from abroad.

NowTime

Hi

I have been transferring money from an account abroad to various Irish and German accounts
There has been no problem in Ireland with PTSB but I have had a problem with AIB accounts where the money doesnt go in and the transfers are now returning to the originator account.
AIB say that they no nothing and are not helping, but all numbers used are valid.
The foreign account is fine and they arent telling me much either, yet all other transfers have worked ok.

Anyone on here aware why I would be having problems in transferring into AIB accounts?

Cheers

I have made quite a few international transfers and have had problems with the BIC not being recognised sometimes.

The BIC can be 8 or 11 digits long. The first 8 digits identify the financial institution and country. The last 3 digits identify the specific branch of the financial institution. I have found that sometimes if you enter the full 11 digits the transfer will fail. As the sending bank is not aware of all the branch codes of the receiving bank. If I left the last three digits off then transfers were successful.

So, if you are including any extra digits after the AIBKIE2D, you could try dropping them. The IBAN will identify the branch anyway.

Back