Problem getting €40 tesco vouchers with cr.cd.

maura

Has anyone had a similar problem getting the €40 tesco vouchers you are supposed to get when signing up for the tesco credit card?. I was told it would be in my clubcard statement, but it wasn't. No one in the UK call centre seems to know what I am on about. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Maura,
How long have you been using your Tesco Credit Card. I too am waiting for my E40 vouchers. I now don't expect to get them until the next round of vouchers. Whilst my statement shows that I have a Tesco Cr. card, it shows zero points. (but at least it shows the existence of the Credit Card) Perhaps this is because I only started using the card very recently and the the current points statement only applies up to the 23rd April.

What I will be doing is using my Visa Statemet as proof that I've used the Credit card, as this will give times and amounts spent - consequently points can be claimed.

Justsally

I started using my credit card on the 31st March 2006. I received my April Credit Card Statement with no vouchers and my clubcard mailing showed some points that I got from using the credit card, but still no €40 vouchers. I have spoken to everyone from head office here in Dublin, to the Credit card people and the clubcard people all of no help so far. Part of the problem is that the call centre is in the UK and they didn't have the €40 voucher promotion over there,so they don't know what I am talking about when I ring. I am getting so fed up of this that I am considering going to the Consumer Association with it.

OK Maura,

Well if I don't receive my 40 euros I too will be angry. Problem is I don't expect to receive them until the end of the next quarter.

Meantime, I think I'll just see what my local Tesco has to say about it!!!
Thanks for the alert. When I queried this previously I was told they would be sent with my next lot of vouchers. We shall see.

Justally

a few years ago when i signed up for a tesco card there was a promotion, sign up and tesco will pay the €40 government tax. I fell for this and signed up, got hit with the €40 anyway... i was well peeved at this deception, rang tesco, tried to complain, they said it applied to the first 10,000 applicants and not to me, i never saw anything about 10,000 in the promotional material and tesco couldn't give any more details as to what number applicant I was...

I only got charged the €40 after six weeks and I hadn't kept the promotional material with the offer details so I couldn't dispute my case...

Joe

I have now spoken with "tesco personal finance", "tesco Dublin HQ", "tesco clubcard manager" no one could answer me straight off, my question has been passed to the tesco clubcard admin section both last Thursday and yesterday,(they don't answer phonecalls, so I will post here when or if I receive a reply.

I can't believe it, no one has phoned me about this but in todays post I have received the vouchers from Tesco Personal Finance Ireland. If anyone has any further problems with this call 1800555743 8am to 8pm Mon to Sat. Manager is Brian Haslett. I hope I have helped someone with this info.

Hello,

I too received the Tesco gift vouchers in the post to-day, 2 x 20 euros. The signature on the accompanying letter is Mr. Brian Haslett, Head of Tesco Personal Finance Ireland (at phone no. supplied by Maura previous post).

So far no problems, wel maybe just a little one - two days ago Tesco sent me a standard letter advising that they have set up my direct debit for the "minimum" amount. I intend clearing the balance every month so I guess in addition to advising Tesco accordingly I'll probably have to contact my bank and make out a new direct debit in order to amend that arrangement. I know Tesco are not anxious for customers to clear their balances, as one AAM contributor said, Tesco told him that it is not in their interest to have customers clear their balances every month. Too
bad, I'm not concerned about their interests I'm only concerned about mine.:) .
Cheers.

Justsally

Contacted Tesco - and they have now amended my details without any hassle - so everything is sorted

Justsally

Thanks for this..we've had the card foe a few weeks now and no sign of the vouchers. Offer is gone from the website so I was wondering what to do about it!!

Back