Probate wills and the paper

Taxess

Hi Guys,

I remember some years ago reading that wills once they went through probate are sometimes published in the paper - or at least a section of them, I think it was the business post but could be mistaken, is this still done and where can i find them? I went through the Sunday Independent albeit online and couldn't see anything for last week.

Once Grant of Probate is extracted, wills are in the public domain. You can get a copy from Probate Office if thats what you are looking for.

Ordering Copies of Probate Documents

ONCE A GRANT OF PROBATE OR LETTERS OF ADMINISTRATION HAS ISSUED, COPIES OF THE GRANT AND THE ORIGINAL WILL MAY BE OBTAINED ON PAYMENT OF THE APPROPRIATE FEE BY ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC.​

The Probate Office and the District Probate Registries hold the records for grants which have issued within the past 20 years. The records for grants which issued prior to this are held at the National Archives. These may be inspected in the Reading Room of the National Archives, Bishop Street, Dublin 8.

NB The letters in the record number indicate the office where the Grant issued. When requesting a copy document, you MUST apply to the office that issued the Grant.

A list of offices is here:

Principal Probate Office (Dublin): PO

Castlebar: CB

Cavan: CN

Clonmel: CL

Cork: CK

Dundalk: DK

Galway: GY

Kilkenny: KY

Letterkenny: LD

Limerick: LK

Mullingar: MR

Sligo: SO

Tralee: TR

Waterford: WD

Wexford: WX

To apply for copy documents you must fully complete this Order Form and pay the relevant fee. It is your responsibility to ensure that you pay the correct fee. Failure to do so will mean your request will not be processed.

You may send the completed Order Form and pay the fee in the following ways:
1. Solicitors must pay fees in stamped court fees. These may be obtained from the stamping offices located in various court offices around the country;
2. Members of the public may pay fees with Postal/Money Orders, or by cheques made payable to the Courts Service.
For District Probate Registries, please contact the relevant District Probate Registry for information on payment methods.

Sunday indo usually have the high value ones or the famous people on the inside of Page 2. very small column. They don't do all

Back