Probate query delaying closing of sale

Probatepending

Hi, I’m sale agreed and the vendors solicitor have said the probate office have raised a query. When a query is raised does the whole application have to be resubmitted? Any idea on how long it takes for probate to be granted after queries are raised in Ireland?

Piece of string question - ask your Solicitor to check with vendors solicitor as to the nature of the query.

I did a personal probate application a few years ago as an executor.
The Probate Office raised queries with me.
One was to confirm alternative forenames of the deceased. That took about 30 seconds to answer.
The other required me to obtain an affidavit from the solicitor who drafted the will. That took about 30 days.

Queries can be raised by the Probate Office as part of the normal assessment of the application.
Generally, it does not mean that the application process for a Grant of Probate has to restart.

The queries could take little time to answer or could take a long time. It depends on the queries.
Once the queries have been answered to the satisfaction of the Probate Office assessment proceeds on it's way.
There is no mandatory time limit on the process.........

I did a personal probate application a few years ago as an executor.
The Probate Office raised queries with me.
One was to confirm alternative forenames of the deceased. That took about 30 seconds to answer.
The other required me to obtain an affidavit from the solicitor who drafted the will. That took about 30 days.

Queries can be raised by the Probate Office as part of the normal assessment of the application.
Generally, it does not mean that the application process for a Grant of Probate has to restart.

The queries could take little time to answer or could take a long time. It depends on the queries.
Once the queries have been answered to the satisfaction of the Probate Office assessment proceeds on it's way.
There is no mandatory time limit on the process.........
Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful.

I have a question about probate. Unfortunately my mother didn't do a will. Because she add altimers. And she couldn't remember things. Plus I was her carer full time. At the start my brother and sister told told me that they didn't want to sall the house..now that my mother as passed away
Thay are demanding that I have to get rid of the house. And told me that I have to leave my house after 52 years living in the house. My mother is only gone a year. Do I have to live. Could I get some advice

I have a question about probate. Unfortunately my mother didn't do a will. Because she add altimers. And she couldn't remember things. Plus I was her carer full time. At the start my brother and sister told told me that they didn't want to sall the house..now that my mother as passed away
Thay are demanding that I have to get rid of the house. And told me that I have to leave my house after 52 years living in the house. My mother is only gone a year. Do I have to live. Could I get some advice
You'll get better feedback if you start a new thread instead of joining a thread about probate. But it's also worth looking back through other questions - this query seems to come up quite often - from both sides.

Hi, I’m sale agreed and the vendors solicitor have said the probate office have raised a query. When a query is raised does the whole application have to be resubmitted? Any idea on how long it takes for probate to be granted after queries are raised in Ireland?
Hi

Just wondering what happened in the end with this for you? I am in same position now and just wondering how long it took in the end? I've seen some stuff online which says it might have been rejected and have to be resubmitted! Thanks!!

Back