Probate delay-bridging loan required

Jeløy-dame

My dear mother passed away and kindly left my sister and I her stock portfolio. Which has given us the opportunity to finally move house, which we have wanted for some time. We are almost at sale agreed with our house and have found a house we love. We have mortgage approval in place. The only problem is the solicitor has delayed sending in the probate and it could take another 4-6 months! Any suggestions for a loan to cover the amount until probate comes through and shares are sold? Solicitor has agreed to assist with valuations and in any way needed.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

You're putting the cart before the horse here.

You'd be better off rowing back on your plans and waiting until Probate issues and you're actually in funds.

Probate is not taking 4-6 months - that's a very conservative time frame

You can ask for the Probate to be expedited but given that this is an " I want" situation rather than an "I need" situation, its a bit of an ask.

Banks aren't doing bridging so unless you have a wealthy friend or relative who's willing to lend to you, you're a bit stuck.

mf

See this previous thread. Bridging style products may be in the pipeline, but as mf1 says, they are not currently available.

Thank you for your reply.

Probate was meant to go in before Christmas in Waterford, which has a much quicker turn around than Dublin, max 4 months. My Mother passed away in September & we didn’t put our property on the market until the end of January. So we were advised that it would be processed in time....except it’s been delayed by over 2 months. Which is out of our control.
The property we really want don’t come up very often or we would wait.

See above.

"You can ask for the Probate to be expedited but given that this is an " I want" situation rather than an "I need" situation, its a bit of an ask.

Banks aren't doing bridging so unless you have a wealthy friend or relative who's willing to lend to you, you're a bit stuck. "

mf

Back