Probate cost.

probate cost

Hi,

I posted a lengthly reply and then found out I was logged out. Grrrr. thanks so much for advice. following your posts I contacted probate office. got impression they supported lay people applying but at the same time they did say it took longer for lay person to get grant of probate (9 mths!!! just to get appointment following application) I asked how that compared with solicitor and the reply was it depended on how quickly the solicitor applied but if timely then it would be shorter 4 to 5 mths.
I looked at process, well laid out on Courts Service website. it's not a walk in the park but doable imo. Got a second quote today and was quoted €3500 + Vat + outlay. Outlay may be approx €650 but not sure on that.

Owner died intestate leaving a licenced premises,very large modern house and 20 acres of land.Was wondering approx.what would solicitors fees be for probate/administration for his widow and could she do the probate herself as she has experience from doing her own mothers probate,filling CA24s PA 1 etc.Value of estate approx is 1.2 million euros.Also is she exempt from inheritance tax?.Many thanks.DK123

Back