Prize Bonds payout

roker

Has anyone experienced the delaying tactics of the Prize Bond pay out?
I have an unclaimed prize so I telephoned them as instructed, to which they told me to send a utility bill to prove my change of address. After a spell of 10 days they then sent me a few questions, one of which "did anyone of the same name live at this address" to which I replied. After another delay I received a claim form to fill in and to also send them a copy of the Prize Bond, this was sent 2 weeks ago. It must be over 6 weeks now and I have just found out how much I have potentially won, €50. They could have sent me everything together but they are obviously delaying. As I have still not been paid, I am cashing in all of my prize Bonds in protest. How much longer to get paid?

Its even worse trying to finalise a deceased persons estate, it dragged out for months on end.
Everytime an enquiry is made, it seems the claim is put to the bottom of the pile.

So for future reference, put 'cashing in prize bonds' on the 'things to do before you die' list, to lessen the hassle afterwards for the family.;)

Snowyb

Back