Prize Bond vs 5 Year Fixed State bond

I’ve read the terms and conditions
but not a cent in interest despite owning the bond for eighteen months, I rang state savings ( NTMA) and was told “ no interest for first three years"
You clearly didn't or you wouldn't have been expecting interest

What exactly do you think is misleading? The attached brochure specifically lists out the AER for each year of the product.

I have €50,000 in KBC that I need to put somewhere. Would the majority in a 4 year bind with some more between prose binds and a deposit account be a good choice?
Have recently had an investment mature at a 15% loan so reluctant to go that road hsving been burned

I have €50,000 in KBC that I need to put somewhere. Would the majority in a 4 year bind
What 4 year bond?
with some more between prose binds and a deposit account be a good choice?
The return on these is likely to be marginal at best and almost certainly negative in real terms after inflation is accounted for. What is the money for and when will you need it?
Have recently had an investment mature at a 15% loan so reluctant to go that road hsving been burned
I don't understand what this means.

A better option might be to do a Money Makeover post so that people can comment on the basis of a more detailed picture if your overall financial and personal situation.

I see the UK as every bit as safe as Ireland in terms of default risk regardless of how crazy things were for a month or so in London
It is not possible for the U.K. to default on sterling debt. They simply print more sterling. That is the risk, it’s called inflation, which in turn leads to devaluation.

What 4 year bond?

The return on these is likely to be marginal at best and almost certainly negative in real terms after inflation is accounted for. What is the money for and when will you need it?

I don't understand what this means.

A better option might be to do a Money Makeover post so that people can comment on the basis of a more detailed picture if your overall financial and personal situation.
Looking at the 4 year National Solidarity Bond or perhaps 3 year certs .
I don’t need the bulk of it immediately. Pending things going good at work it’s a house deposit one day I guess.

on the last point I got burnt in an investment so I am reluctant to take a risk again after this

Looking at the 4 year National Solidarity Bond or perhaps 3 year certs .
I don’t need the bulk of it immediately. Pending things going good at work it’s a house deposit one day I guess.

on the last point I got burnt in an investment so I am reluctant to take a risk again after this
The rates on State savings are almost certain to go up next year; they are already out of kilter with bond rates. Whilst it is possible to cash in State savings without penalty and re-invest; according to one poster this is a big hassle. Maybe parking the money in Prize Bonds until the new rates are announced is best.

This sounds similar to the flawed logic that many people who lost money on eircom shares use to conclude that they should not invest in shares.

If you think interest rates are rising and will continue to do so, then it is not the time to invest in a 4 year fixed interest certificate as you believe that higher interest rates will be available shortly

Back