Prize Bond draw "delayed"?

Silvera

This notice popped up on the State Savings page just now...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231013_120036_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231013_120036_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 181
Also I notice I can’t cash in on my prize bonds any one else having this issue today ? When I click on it nothing happens
Rang them said they are issues

I never got any notification of my NTMA Savings Cert maturing at the end of this month. I normally get a reminder.

I rang them and I was told that they were a little behind in sending out these letters because the new interest rate increases active from the 1st October, were causing increased demand.....They were very busy.

Timing of this is very interesting, coming so soon after changes to the prize draw software were implemented. Presumably State Savings will offer no explenation. Perhaps it’s time to start down the FOI route, especially as last week’s draw was run after the changes.

Glitches happen with systems.
I don't really see what the big deal is here.
Certainly not one that necessitates a FOI request in my opinion.
Unless somebody wants to waste their and others' time and some money.
Time that State Savings could better use serving customers' needs for example.
But each to their own.
Maybe that itself constitutes a hobby.

Draw ran around 11pm this evening I suspect. Got an email to say I had a notification; nice to see the new €75 prize waiting when I logged in.

I wonder why (with the increased prize pool) they increased the minimum prize money rather than the prize frequency?

Draw ran around 11pm this evening I suspect. Got an email to say I had a notification; nice to see the new €75 prize waiting when I logged in.

I wonder why (with the increased prize pool) they increased the minimum prize money rather than the prize frequency?
2 x €75 for me :)
It's more a case that they reduced the prize to €50 when the rates fell

Glitches happen with systems.
I don't really see what the big deal is here.
Certainly not one that necessitates a FOI request in my opinion.
Unless somebody wants to waste their and others' time and some money.
Time that State Savings could better use serving customers' needs for example.
But each to their own.
Maybe that itself constitutes a hobby.
I would have enjoyed rebutting those points, however given the your prior nasty, arrogant personalised post I believe I’m better off simply ignoring you altogether.

Has anyone else had any issues purchasing prize bonds recently? I always buy them using my N26 debit card, but today, when I try, it says, "Sorry this card type is not supported." I have a feeling it might be a case that they no longer accept a Debit Mastercard as opposed to a Visa Debit. This is frustrating as my only other card is an AIB credit card, and they don't accept credit cards.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had any issues purchasing prize bonds recently? I always buy them using my N26 debit card, but today, when I try, it says, "Sorry this card type is not supported." I have a feeling it might be a case that they no longer accept a Debit Mastercard as opposed to a Visa Debit. This is frustrating as my only other card is an AIB credit card, and they don't accept credit cards

Has anyone else had any issues purchasing prize bonds recently? I always buy them using my N26 debit card, but today, when I try, it says, "Sorry this card type is not supported." I have a feeling it might be a case that they no longer accept a Debit Mastercard as opposed to a Visa Debit. This is frustrating as my only other card is an AIB credit card, and they don't accept credit cards.
Just tried a few moments ago when I saw your post. Got the same message. Also a N26 debit card. Never had any issues before. Might be linked to the technical issues they have had over last few days

The website has been acting up since last week it won’t let me cash in any prize bonds been in to state savings few times and not been fixed.
Now I notice the website is not allowing anyone to log in

Back