Private Right Of Way

W

westonslot

I would like to remove a privte right of way , which exists half way down my drive. It is stated thah the land owner has a right of way for a horse and cart. The land owner has other acess to this land. How do I go about this. I would like to build a house in this drive and it would be important that I could maintain the drive as may own.

Well firstly have you spoken to the other landowner? Both of you must be in agreement to extinguish the right of way. If so your solicitor can draft the necessary paperwork which the landowner signs. It is then lodged in the Land Registry and removed from your title.

I have asked the landowner. He will not give up his right of way. On my the land deeds it is stated that the landowner has a right of way for a horse and cart. Can I restrict right of way to conditions stated. Am I permitted to put a locked gate at my enterance.The reason the right of way existed was because there was another house in this avenue one time , it has been completly removed for nearly 80 years.

Back