Priory Hall lecture

Lak

On Friday we are having a lecture from the gentleman,who's name escapes me at the momen, who first uncovered the problems within the Priory Hall complex, and is charged with uncovering the scale of the problems as a whole nationally. I asume he will be talking on the issues encountered within the construction, the national problem of lack of regulation, or self regulation and a synopsis of how widely spread the kind of shoddy building practice encountered at Priory hall was and still is in Ireland today.

My point .... What questions would YOU ask of him re Priory Hall, Building control, accountabillity, a national solution or any other pertinant question, I have my own ideas but would not like to miss the opportunity of asking a relevant question

I'm intrigued, please tell us who this saviour is:)

ask him: how fat the envelope would need to be, for Hogan to provide Ireland with an actual functioning building control regulatory authority.

and have a read of [broken link removed] old news regurgitated, but anything that the keeps the focus on this issue..

I'm intrigued, please tell us who this saviour is:)

ask him: how fat the envelope would need to be, for Hogan to provide Ireland with an actual functioning building control regulatory authority.

and have a read of [broken link removed] old news regurgitated, but anything that the keeps the focus on this issue..

Thats an excellent article, I assume from the quick glance I took that none of those dwellings tested in 2005 met the current regulations at that time, let alone those applicable post Celtic tiger and of course the ammendments due soon. It is shocking that 93% did not meet the then fire regs when such emphasis is being put on this aspect today, and this is in the general dwellings sector, somewhat removed from the conception that this problem is confined to larger construction projects undertaken by greedy developers with only the concern of making massive profits.
I will post up the name of the guest speaker later today.

Keep em coming folks.

is charged with uncovering the scale of the problems as a whole nationally.
i think this is a stretch, (not meaning taking from the guys creditability as a fire consultant)

well was the lecture all it was supposed to be?

i think this is a stretch, (not meaning taking from the guys creditability as a fire consultant)

well was the lecture all it was supposed to be?

In a word No.
I may be wrong, but I took a cynical view on his motives, seems his "business" is fire prevention technology and to me he was taking great advantage of the publics fear amidst the Priory Hall debacle.
No doubt the long slideshow of atrocious photos showing shoddy work were genuine, in so far as they were real, but in the context he was trying to paint, hmmmm !!! I was very sceptical.
As for Priory Hall, I had to leve after three hours of talking to pick up the kids but no mention of his involvement there. Not what the tutor who invited him to speak had led us to believe... but they were friends, which answered alot.
All in all interesting but fell well short of what I anticipated.

Back