Ulster Prime Time report on Ulster Bank customer who lost tracker

I was offered a meeting with senior management just over two weeks ago, I wrote back that Friday suggesting three dates, two of which have now passed, and saying that I was interested in a meeting which aimed at a contsructive resolution - silence in reply - but that is ok should it come to it, it exemplifies their lack of meaningful engagement

No word on the meeting, but received the standard update letter today with the usual 60 days and no other information on it.

Guys

I have deleted a lot of posts saying "Still nothing from UB" "oh aren't they terrible?"

This sort of white noise makes it very difficult for someone coming to the thread for the first time to read it.

Please only post if you have some serious update.

If it's a very serious update, then start a new thread. For example, the meeting tomorrow with the Oireachtas Finance Committee is very important but was lost in the white noise of this thread.

This particular thread was on the Prime Time Programme.

Just to update on this particularly case - after a 60 day letter arriving the other day - the letter I was looking for arrived this morning.

Ulster Bank have confirmed that I am an impacted customer within the framework of the Tracker Mortgage Examination due to 'the use of ambiguous and/or confusing terminology in your mortgage document' (I would dispute that particular reasoning, but that is a row for another time, and if needs be)

They have said it could take several months to complete this stage of the examination so I would presume that this would mean that they would not being sorting out Redress in March as they had alluded to me in December - hopefully but I'd say it will be a few months yet

An admission of wrong doing though so great news finally - vindicated!

Last edited:
Thank you!

not sure, could have been just that it was processed....I sent a letter detailing several big decisions I need to make saying I needed to know what was going on and also suggested the serious possibility of intent for fraudulent trading as under the companies acts which provides for any official who knows about an act, as numerous named officials were aware for over a year and it had not yet been sorted out ....but can't say it was that which did it

I know someone else who rang today regarding their tracker, no letter, but they rang to see what next months' payment is as @SaySomething did last month and were told that their payments had been reduced in line with the tracker which they had been on so I would assume they will get a letter shortly also.

@Onceagain

no - my mortgage had been moved to another provider a year after the tracker was initially refused - so a bit more complicated to sort out. I do know of two others though who have been returned to their correct rate while they are waiting for redress

Notabene

I have a similar case and think I was the other example in primetime

boi fixed exited in 2008 and in 2009 moved to aib for the lower svr

Even though Ombudsman rules in my favour, only provided redress for year of lost tracker in BoI

New letter from BoI with a new calvulation of redress, but based on the same one year parameter

As part of their FAQ, BoI say to write to them if you switched mortgage, which I did this morning

Never giving up until they atone for the financial loss to me and my family

Back