Pricing Issue with Window Supplier

Murph_ro

I got a verbal quote of €6,500 for a few new windows and replacement glass in three others as well as moving double doors. The job took a lot longer to complete then I expected with contractor back randomly. Eventually I rang recently to ask was job finished and he said it was, thought doors needed plastering but he said no. I checked bank details and paid the €6500, then he sends me invoice for €7650. I rang him and said we agreed €6500, he said that he doesn’t recall that and that he would be losing money….any advice appreciated

It would be very unusual for anyone to do a major job like this without a quote in writing.

I don't believe the installer when he said he does not remember the price. Did he think he would bill you afterwards?

If it took longer because it was more difficult or because you wanted other work done, then it's probably fair enough.

Brendan

Normally for doors and windows you’d have too give 50% deposit as fitter needs too place an order with a manufacturer with a lead time of 2-5 weeks at the min.

An invoice or payment receipt is always provided from the manufacturer too whoever pays the deposit (in our case we paid directly too manufacturer).

Back